Blended in-classroom and field trip experience
Want a fantastic way to leverage the powerful impact of outdoor science education into student achievement at your school? Look no further.
Sierra Nevada Journeys' Classrooms Unleashed program is designed by credentialed teachers to be inquiry-driven, hands-on, student centered, and highly engaging. Our programs are aligned to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core. Program fees are based on a sliding scale to meet the needs of all schools.
Classrooms Unleashed programs include three in-class lessons taught by Sierra Nevada Journeys instructors, a science exploration field trip outdoors or indoors based on the program led by Sierra Nevada Journeys instructors, and extension lessons for teachers for before and after our program. We also administer pre- and post-assessments for your students. We work with you to meet your classroom’s individual needs, and provide the resources you need to plan our time together.
We provide Classrooms Unleashed to the following school districts in Nevada and California:
- Washoe County School District
- Carson City School District
- Douglas County School District
- Lyon County School District
- Storey County School District
- Sacramento City Unified School District
- Natomas Unified School District
- Twin Rivers Unified School District
- San Juan Unified School District
- Folsom Cordova Unified School District
- Elk Grove Unified School District
- Roseville City School District
- Rocklin Unified School District
- Washington Unified School District
- Woodland Joint Unified School District