Overnight Outdoor Learning
Sierra Nevada Journeys Outdoor school
The SNJ Overnight Outdoor Learning Program is an outstanding outdoor school. Taught by experiential educators, the 3-5 day programs are held at our Grizzly Creek Ranch Campus in Portola, CA. All lessons build critical thinking and collaboration skills and include pre- and post- assessments to ensure the highest level of effectiveness and impact.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CLASSROOM'S outdoor school EXPERIENCE
Sierra Nevada Journeys works with each teacher to develop a customized set of lessons and activities from our standards correlated curriculum. Some of these lessons include engineering, pond ecology, ropes course, forest ecology, astronomy, geology, storytelling and night hikes.
Here are key features of our program:
- Clean, modern facilities situated on 1,500 acres of pristine yellow pine forest
- Programs that address academic content, Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Passionate educators with a variety of backgrounds whom are First Aid and CPR certified
- Parent Information Nights with Q&A for parents and teachers alike
- Sierra Nevada Journeys is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA)
bring your students outdoors to learn science
Email Mark, our Campus Executive Director, by using the form below to inquire about program details, availability and pricing. We are looking forward to hosting you and your students.