Blended in-classroom and field trip experience
Sierra Nevada Journeys' Classrooms Unleashed program is designed by credentialed teachers to be inquiry-driven, hands-on, student centered, and highly engaging. Want a fantastic way to leverage the powerful impact of outdoor science education into student achievement at your school? Look no further.
Classrooms Unleashed programs include three in-class lessons taught by Sierra Nevada Journeys instructors, a science exploration field trip outdoors or indoors based on the program led by Sierra Nevada Journeys instructors, and extensions for before and after our program. We work with you to meet your classroom’s individual needs, and provide the resources you need to plan our time together.
CLASSROOMS UNLEASHED SCHOOL PROGRAMS
KEY FEATURES OF CLASSROOMS UNLEASHED
- Three classroom lessons led by Sierra Nevada Journeys teachers + field study
- Science notebooks for students
- Fully designed lessons for teachers to use before and after the program
- Pre- and post-assessments for students
- Backwards-designed units prioritize student learning outcomes based on Academic Content Standards
- Deep alignment with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core
- Program fees are based on a sliding scale to meet the needs of all schools
Learn more about CLASSROOMS UNLEASHED
Have questions about our program? Want to learn more?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page or contact us below.