Overnight Outdoor Learning
Sierra Nevada Journeys Outdoor school
Overnight Outdoor Learning Program is an outstanding outdoor school program. Taught by experiential educators, the 3-5 day programs are held at our Grizzly Creek Ranch Campus in Portola, CA. All lessons build critical thinking and collaboration skills and include pre- and post- assessments to ensure the highest level of effectiveness and impact.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR CLASSROOM'S outdoor school EXPERIENCE
Sierra Nevada Journeys works with each teacher to develop a customized set of lessons and activities from our standards correlated curriculum. Some of these lessons include engineering, pond ecology, ropes course, forest ecology, astronomy, geology, storytelling and night hikes.
Here are key features of Overnight Outdoor Learning:
- Clean, modern facilities situated on 1,500 acres of pristine yellow pine forest
- Deep alignment with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Passionate educators with a variety of backgrounds who are First Aid and CPR certified
- Sierra Nevada Journeys is accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA)
- View Overnight Outdoor Learning photos of students, teachers and chaperones