Campus Executive Director
mark (at) sierranevadajourneys (dot) org
Mark, a Colorado native, grew up hiking, fishing, camping, skiing and essentially doing anything that involved being outdoors. His passion for working with youth in experiential outdoor learning started as an Eagle Scout and Philmont Boy Scout Ranch staff member. He comes to Sierra Nevada Journeys from careers in government service and private industry. Mark served 30 years in the United States Air Force retiring as a Brigadier General. His involvement in the nation’s premier space program culminated in his favorite position as Commander, Cape Canaveral Florida. In the private sector, Mark rose to the position of Chief Executive Officer of Civergy Inc, a Colorado company that delivered client solutions in the areas of cybersecurity, energy security and business management services.
Mark holds Bachelor of Science degrees in biochemistry from the U.S. Air Force Academy, and in electrical engineering from the University of New Mexico. He was also awarded Masters of Science degrees in systems management from the University of Southern and in national security strategy from the National Defense University. He and his wife Sharon have two adult children, who live too far away and now have their own friends to play with so Mark and Sharon together continue enjoy doing anything that involves being outdoors.
- Stellar Solutions LLC, Board of Advisors
- The Aerospace Corporation, member Senior Advisory Board
- Member, Falcon Foundation, US Air Force Academy
- Member, IEEE Nuclear and Plasma Science Society (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers)
- Member, Air Force Association
- Member, Air Force Association of Professional Missileers
- Member, National Eagle Scout Association